Thank you for connecting with Adverum on our social media platforms! We look forward to interacting with you. In case you didn’t know, Adverum is a clinical-stage gene therapy company targeting unmet medical need in ocular and rare diseases. We develop gene therapy product candidates designed to provide durable efficacy by inducing sustained expression of a therapeutic protein and you can learn more about our science here.
At Adverum, we use social media as an extension of our five core values: Integrity, Community, Empowerment, Patient Focused and Pioneering. For more information on these core values and why they’re important to us, click here. Social media also allows us to interact and communicate with patients, caregivers, healthcare providers, investors and other stakeholders in a way that traditional ways cannot.
We regularly post updates on several social media platforms that you can use to keep up to date with Adverum news and activities. We encourage you to communicate with Adverum by following us and discussing relevant topics. However, keep in mind that we require all interactions to be respectful of others and these platforms are subject to our community guidelines. We monitor our channels Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm EST, so if you ask a question outside of these hours, please understand that a reply may be delayed. Since we work in a regulated industry, please read through our guidelines and keep these in mind as you post on our social media platforms:
- Our social media platforms are not the right place to report adverse events or product complaints. If you believe you have experienced any of these during a clinical trial, please consult your trial site. Or, if you are in the United States, you can report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA by visiting fda.gov/medwatch or calling 1-800-FDA-1088.
- We do not verify, represent or endorse any opinions or information expressed by third-party organizations or users posting content to our social platforms. Any content posted by anyone other than Adverum is the responsibility of the user.
- While we sometimes discuss medical and health topics, this should not be considered medical advice. We cannot offer medical advice or engage in conversations about treatment options — ours or other companies’ — on our social platforms. We encourage you to reach out to your physician about what may be the best option for you.
- The following types of content are not accepted and can be deleted or require us to block users who violate:
- Posts that contain medical advice. While we appreciate you wanting to help others, we can’t be responsible for the implications unverified medical advice might have by regulatory groups
- Posts that include profanity, defamatory, libelous and offensive or demeaning language (including text, videos, images or links)
- Posts that are misleading, fake, fraudulent or deceptive
- Offensive or threatening comments about other users or Adverum
- Posts that are disruptive to the community or are considered spam
- Posts containing proprietary, confidential, sensitive or non-public information about, or related to, Adverum or any other person or company
- While we want our social media platforms to be a place of open discussion, we are not responsible for the views expressed other than our own. We cannot certify or validate the accuracy of statements made by our followers and opinions expressed by outside users do not represent Adverum’s opinions.
Have questions about the above? Please feel free to reach out to us on social media or by filling out the form found here.