Adverum is looking for a Corporate Paralegal to join our team. The Corporate Paralegal will be an integral member of a Legal team who will provide support on a wide variety of legal matters, focused primarily on securities and corporate governance. The role requires a desire to learn, a curious mind, and exemplary organization, collaboration, communication, and influencing skills. The role also requires a business-oriented and operations-focused approach and a willingness to engage in ensuring the overall growth and success of the organization.
What you'll do:
- Securities and Corporate Governance
- Work with internal attorneys and outside legal counsel in providing support for all SEC filings (including Section 16 reporting, proxy statements, registration statements, Forms 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K and Form 4), in collaboration with various internal and external non-legal parties, including senior management, Board members, the Finance team, and vendors.
- Oversee day-to-day management and maintenance of corporate governance records.
- Assist with the planning, preparation, conduct, and records of all Board of Directors and Committee meetings.
- Provide support for the annual meeting of shareholders, including preparing meeting materials, coordinating meeting logistics, and assisting during the meeting.
- Assist in the preparation, distribution and completion of director and officer questionnaires.
- Assist the Legal team in developing, implementing, and optimizing processes and systems to increase the efficiency of the Legal department.
- Develop and maintain systems and processes for storing the company’s legal files to ensure easy access and organization.
- Support the development and implementation of legal and compliance policies and SOPs.
- Work on other special projects, as Legal department needs and/or paralegal’s interests arise.
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree, with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university strongly desired. Paralegal certification a plus.
- Minimum of five years of previous paralegal experience.
- Substantive experience in securities, corporate governance, and/or contracts management strongly preferred.
- Experience in the life sciences/biotech/pharma sector a plus.
- Versatile, flexible, motivated, and enthusiastic.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate and collaborate with individuals at all levels inside and outside of the organization in a positive and effective manner.
- Project Management skills, specifically strong organizational and planning skills, meticulous attention to detail, ability to manage changing priorities and workflow, and the ability to effectively advance multiple simultaneous projects.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced workplace, with a keen interest in learning on the job and expanding skills set.
- Able to work independently while exercising initiative and good judgment.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and written and verbal communication skills
Salary Range Description
- The salary range for this position is $107,000 USD to $120,000 USD annually, with the opportunity to earn an annual bonus. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on a candidate’s qualifications, including education, length of experience, location, and market data. Employees in this position are eligible to participate in the applicable Company equity incentive award plan. The amount of incentive varies and is subject to the terms and conditions of the plan. Employees in this position are eligible to participate in the Company’s standard employee benefit programs, which currently include the following: medical, dental, vision, 401k, STD/LTD, life and accident insurance, and either paid time off or flexible paid time off.
Adverum is a clinical-stage gene therapy company targeting unmet medical needs in ophthalmology and rare diseases. Adverum develops gene therapy product candidates designed to provide durable efficacy by inducing sustained expression of a therapeutic protein. Adverum’s core capabilities include clinical development, novel vector discovery and in-house manufacturing expertise, specifically in scalable process development, assay development, and current Good Manufacturing Practices quality control.
At Adverum, Inclusion and Diversity are at our core. We believe in the power of being your authentic self. We strive to create the space which allows for everyone in our Adverum Community to not only feel safe but encouraged to speak, learn from each other, grow in their professions and be the very best versions of themselves no matter what their age, ethnic background, gender, origin, religion or sexual orientation